ECBR is currently seeking to partner with organizations in Schenectady that are in contact with people from the community who have struggled, and are on the road toward sustainability, and could use a good quality second hand bicycle at no charge to use as a means of transportation.
We have recently begun a new referral program called Freewheels that will provide a bicycle to participants identified by your organization who have expressed a need for inexpensive and sustainable transportation.
Some key elements of the referral program include:
- Participants will only need a letter identifying them as the person in need of the bicycle printed on your organization’s letterhead.
- Only participants referred by partner organizations qualify for a free bicycle. Anyone not referred by the organization is welcome to participate in other ECBR programs to earn a bicycle.
- ECBR will only provide one free bicycle per participant, per year.
- Bicycles are provided based on availability, and are first come, first served. In the event that a bicycle is not available at the time of referral, a list will be maintained, and we will contact the participant when a suitable bicycle becomes available.
- Bicycles delivered thru the program will be serviced by our volunteer mechanics, and will be delivered in good working order. Participants are welcome to visit ECBR during open shop hours to perform adjustments and repairs, and our volunteer mechanics will be available to assist as needed.
If you are interested in more information, or would like to begin participation, please contact us at the email address on our “Contact Us” page.